Front Page Forums BioMap defaults

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kbockhorst
    Participant

I am not able to modify the defaults. The window does not show me any folder icons (on the right of the widget) as it is supposed to. I tried to reinstall everything several times.

wullemom
    Participant

If you can see other icons you path settings should be OK. Are you working with UNIX or WINDOWS? If you want to change the settings you can also edit the uparsrc in your biomap directory e.g. ~.biomap on UNIX

Markus Stoeckli

Do you also get the message ‘The BioMap main path might not be set correctly’ upon startup of BioMap? If so, the settings files were not copied to the default location. For a Windows installation, execute ‘Install settings.bat’ located in the BioMap program folder and the default settings will be copied.

markus

kbockhorst
    Participant

I did run the install.bat several times. As suggested, I added the licenserc file to that folder before I ran installsettings.bat. I repeatedly deleted and recreated the settings in my personal C:\Documents and Settings\kurt\Application Data\BioMap folder. Still no folder icons in the defaults widget. And right, I do get a widget with the comment that the BioMap path might not have been set up correctly after starting biomap. Also the Bruker import does not work because of the settings, I guess… And I am running Windows XP.

kbockhorst
    Participant

I did as recommanded and edited the uparsrc file in my Application Data\BioMap directory (The main path of the Application Data did not include the BioMap folder).

After I edited this and a few more paths the error message at the begin (The path might not have been set up correctly…) disappeared and the folder icons reappeared.

Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.