Front Page Forums BioMap Importing a MSI file

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    andyhigh
    Participant

I am now trying to import my file instead of loading it but when I do i get the message “Error in function BIOMAP_EVENT Array dimesions must be greater than 0.” Any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks,
    Andy

Markus Stoeckli

Yes, we had that in our lab before. Let me guess: Your mass spectra contain more than 32768 data points. This is a known limitation of BioMap which works internally with 16-bit signed integers.

markus

Hazel
    Participant

Hi,

I am also receiving this error when I try to import a data file – I have checked the size and it is smaller than other files I have successfully imported – any idea what’s wrong?

Many thanks
    Hazel

Diesel

Like already mentioned: I think the mass spectra contains more than 32768 data points. Check your acquisition method or .dat-file if this is true.

Dieter

Hazel
    Participant

Thanks for quick reply, but I have already assessed that the number of data points in my file is not the problem – it only totals 12,000 data points from a single acquisition run. The file imports as an image using the scan function, however I can’t manipulate my data this way!! Any thoughts as to the problem would be most welcome.

Edit: the files I am having trouble importing have been acquired using the “enhance all” feature in Analyst – could this why the data will not open? Does that dramatically increase the file size/number of data points?

Many Thanks,
    Hazel

Markus Stoeckli

You may send the .hdr file together with the file size information of the .img and .t2m files to me and I will check it for its integrity.

net-climber

Hazel
    Participant

Many thanks – I have sent the required information to webmaster@maldi-msi.org – hope this was the right address to use!

Markus Stoeckli

I looked at the header and got the following dimensions:

ms: 3351
    x: 86
    y:154

Everything looks OK, also the file sizes… but you have special characters in the file name. Just try to rename the 3 files and let us know if this solves your probem.

net-climber

Hazel
    Participant

Perfect – open fine now!! Thankyou very much for help and quick response.

Hazel

MalcC
    Participant

Hi,

We have found that the error message you describe occurs in particular if your filename has a full stop in it.

Malcolm Clench

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.